Ellen DeGeneres has been buying luxury California homes properties over the past 15 years and making huge profits from fixing them up and selling them. She even wrote a book about it called “Home.” It is reported that in the last 2 years she has closed deals worth $150m.
Some of the deals she has closed over the past 15 years include:
- 2004 Laurel Canyon: Purchased $1,275,000 ==> Sold for $2.1m
- 2008 Berberly Hills: Purchased $48m ==> Sold for $37m
- 2011 Malibu: Purchased $12m ==> Sold for $13m
- 2013 Thousand Oaks: Purchased $8.5m ==> Sold for $10.85m
- 2013 New York: Purchased $17.4m ==> Sold for $20m
- 2014 Holmby Hills: Purchased $39.9m ==> Sold for $55m
- 2015 Montecito: Purchased $15,750,000 ==> Sold for $20m
So next time you see her dancing on her show, you know why, she’s swimming in the money from some great real estate deals!